WHO ARE WE AND WHAT IS OUR APPROACH TO YOUR PRIVACY?
HOW ARE WE PROTECTING YOUR DATA?
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE’RE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
We collect the minimum amount of information about you which helps us provide you with a satisfactory service. This may include personal details or details about your order. We want you to know that the use of this website gives us the right to collect that information, but importantly gives you the option to opt out at any time.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION AND WHY WE COMMUNICATE WITH YOU?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email, social media and sms marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails and or messages about our store, new products and other updates.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services. We only want you to have the BEST time when shopping at LC.
- If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about exciting new product launches, sales and offers which are exclusive to our subscriber list. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time.
- When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
- If using our click & collect service you will be notified by email and SMS when your order is ready to collect.
- We may also contact you about leaving reviews for products once you have received your order.
- If successful when entering any of our amazing competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
- We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order or if we need to get in touch regarding a refund.
- For items being delivered by our courier, the courier company will send you an email or a text message with a delivery update if you provided a valid phone number and email address when you placed the order.
- If you purchase an item in one of our stores and consent to an electronic receipt this will be sent via email.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
DO WE SHARE ANY OF THIS INFORMATION?
- We do not disclose any personal information obtained about you from this website to third parties except when we need to do so to complete the transaction – e.g. when arranging for dispatch and courier companies to deliver goods that you have ordered.
- We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of exciting developments associated with our business.
- You will be given the opportunity to remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device. If at any time in the future we should wish to disclose information collected on this website to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
- We may from time to time provide information of a general nature to third parties, for example, the number of individuals visiting our website or completing a registration form, but we will not use any information that could identify those individuals.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, HOW DO WE COLLECT IT AND HOW DO WE GET YOUR CONSENT?
We may collect any or all the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter. This may include the following –
- When you purchase from us at www.lustychic.com we ask for, and collect, personal information such as including your name, address, telephone number, and email address and items ordered.
- If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
- Lusty Chic and third-party providers of advertisements may also collect information regarding your visit to www.lustychic.com. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
- Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the information collected primarily to make your shopping experience as fun and easy as possible. We may use your information in the following ways –
- From time to time we may want you to know about special offers and promotions we’re running, so we may use your registered information to send marketing messages via mobile phone, messenger systems or e-mail services. You can opt out of marketing emails, messages and SMS messages at any time.
- We use your information so that we can successfully process your order which includes delivery, payment and returns.
- Our online account holders require an email address and password to access their account so that you can order all products.
- We may also use demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests to improve our services.
- We take fraud very seriously, so the information helps us assist in its detection and prevention.
- Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
DO WE USE ANY INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
We want to show you more of the things you love, which is why we use the following marketing tools –
We love social media here at Lusty Chic, which is why we use it to broadcast messages and updates about products and news. We love chatting to you on there, so on occasion we may reply to comments or questions you make to us on social media platforms. You may also see adverts from us on social media that are tailored to your interests. Depending on your settings or the privacy policies social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you might give third parties permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Lusty Chic uses remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, Lusty Chic uses custom audiences based on emails of subscribers and customers. This allows us to present special offers for our products to you via Facebook and Instagram. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present special offers from us.
HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING AND REMARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
We want you to have as much control over your personal information as possible, so we want you to know that you can do this in the following ways –
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes.
- If you have previously signed up to our email newsletters and want to unsubscribe at any point click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email or log into your account to change your preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- If you want to opt out of any of our remarketing campaigns, you can do so here:
Twitter: Opt-out of Twitter remarketing here.
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here.
LinkedIn: Opt-out of LinkedIn remarketing here.
Pinterest: Opt-out of Pinterest remarketing here.
Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here.
PERSONAL DATA REQUEST, DISCLOSURE AND CONTACT DETAILS
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to withdraw consent
We will process your personal data request within 30 days from sending it to the email address or our office address provided on "Contact Us" section of our website.
SECURITY AND BREACH OF SECURITY
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Upon event of discovering any breach of security regarding personal data or our customers we declare to inform you within 14 days from such event taking place.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND LINKS
TYPES OF COOKIES
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our website.
Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website. These cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page and avoids the need for you re-entering the information. They also provide analytical data which allows us to count traffic and record browser behaviour.
Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. These cookies will be used so that the site remembers your choice the next time you visit. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor but DO NOT contain information that could be used to identify you to another person.
- Counting customers.
- Tailoring user experience
- Storing wish lists
- What products interested you
- Form data
We also use Tracking Analytic Services to see how our customers shop. This allows us to understand what our customers are interested in and helps us stock the correct products for our customer base.
The analytics services we use are:
- Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/analytics
HOW TO MANAGE AND DELETE COOKIES
If you want to restrict or block the cookies we set, you can do this through your browser settings.
More information can be found at: https://www.aboutcookies.org/
To help us to understand whether you’ve opened an email we use Web Beacons. Web beacons are tiny, invisible images placed in emails to tell us whether you’ve opened them and how often, how you interacted with them, which email software and web browser you used, which device you used and your IP address. We also use web beacons to help us display emails in the best format for your device.
Our emails contain a number of hyperlinks which have a unique ID. When you click on one of these we log the click so that we can understand who has clicked through from an email to our website. We use this information to tailor future emails.
Choosing whether to accept Cookies:
If you choose not to accept cookies through email you can unsubscribe from our mailing list. You can also disable cookies through your browser settings.
LIST OF COOKIES WE COLLECT
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store:
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency.
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID.
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You session ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at
G - Look Fashion Ltd
[Re: Data Protection Officer]
G-LOOK FASHION LTD
OFFICE 92 321- 323 HIGH ROAD
ROMFORD, RM6 6AX